SL Opportunity!! Girl Scouts

One of my former Girls Studies' students emailed this to me. Contact Valerie if you are interested in working with them. Leandra

I am interning for the girl scouts this semester and my intern receptor is amazing and I had a few ideas I wanted to throw out there for service learning.
1) She is always looking for volunteers to help out with the events she sets up, so it would be an easy way for someone to fulfill their 15 hours
2) I mentioned a zine workshop for a national project they have going on, it's called Forever Green, and it's all about the girls actually getting involved in their community to make a positive change in the environment. I thought maybe someone might want to do this next semester.....?
And I'm sure she has some more ideas that will come up before next semester. I think it would go great for all your classes but especially gurl studies!!! She can give you all the details, or if you have a question you could always shoot me an email.

Her contact info
Valerie Dennis
Program Marketing Manager for
Younger Girls & Community Partnerships
Girl Scouts of Citrus Council
Office 407-896-4475 x 1233
Fax 407-894-0966
vdennis@citrus-gs.org

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Film Review

Maiden, Mother and Crone by Vianny Nunez

The G[r]ay Area Between Female Friendship & Sexuality