My obsession...

I identified specifically with one of the entries in "Red" this week. The entry about Johnny Depp. I could have written that myself. From the time I watched "Cry Baby", to when Pirates 3 came out, it is safe to say I was obsessed. I have watched every movie he was in, and am anxiously awaiting Alice in Wonderland and hoping for Pirates 4. I don't want to appear as a psycho or a stalker, but honestly - have you seen those eyes? haha... Now that i'm older, i'd like to think this is "obsession" is more of just a healthy admiration for the man. He honestly is someone that I idolize because he doesn't give in to the "hollywood lifestyle" that so many other stars do. He has his career and his family, he wants to live like a normal person. It's funny that I should be writing about this, because the Biography of Johnny Depp is on TV right now. I am trying my hardest to do this homework instead of watching it. A few years ago, this wouldn't have been possible. haha... i'm a recovering Johnny Depp addict.

But really, I used to write blogs in high school. There were days when my blogs were "emo". Only because there were days that the kids at school were horrible to me. I wasn't popular, and until I hit high school, I wanted to be popular more than anything. Those kids were downright mean and hurtful to some of us "less fortunate" kids. And, much like the story in "Red", the teachers did nothing about it. I can remember coming home and locking my door in tears. Of course, looking back at it now it wasn't that bad... but at the time it was the end of the world to me.

I think when you're growing up it's good to have someone to look up to or idolize (like me and Johnny Depp, haha). It helps you stay sane. Because you always have that one thing that makes you feel better or helps you cope. If I pop in a Johnny Depp movie, I could be having the worst day ever, but I will immediately feel better.

I also identified with the entry about music. I am obsessed with music. I love most any music, no matter what the genre. The lyrics move me, the beat gets stuck in my head... sometimes your favorite song is all you need. I had a favorite band a few years ago (they're still my fav), no one knew about them then but almost everyone can say they've heard of them now - The Fray. I was going through a tough time and their first cd (the one no one knew about) helped get me through it. I honestly don't know how I would've made it without that cd.

As far as the bit we read about Willow, I used to watch that show when I was younger. I didn't completely understand what was going on until I watched the reruns years later. I was too young to grasp what was going on. But I think that it's awesome that there are characters on TV that represent the gay community. It gives the kids who think they have no one a hand to hold onto.

Comments

Venessa Thomas said…
Hey, when I read the entry about Johnny Depp, I honestly couldn't understand where that girl was coming from, but then when I thought about it, it is Johnny Depp. Johnny Depp is an amazing man and actor, so I understand how some people are really obsessed with him. I guess it's the same way I'm becoming obsessed with God, as bizarre as that sounds. I think I am going to see Johnny Depp in Alice and Wonderland too. His character is going to be out of tis world. I've always wondered if Johnny Depp does drugs? Do you think so?

Popular posts from this blog

Film Review

Maiden, Mother and Crone by Vianny Nunez

The G[r]ay Area Between Female Friendship & Sexuality