Reflective Blog

This semester has gone by so fast, and I can’t believe this is our last blog (for the class). I wish other classes I have taken went by as quick as this one did. Originally, I was a little hesitant to sign up for this class. I was not sure what exactly it would be like, or what it would involve. As I had said in the previous blogs, I have never taken a women’s studies class, and I thought for my last semester it would be something different to try. I feel like I got so much out of this class. It was incredibly interesting to hear what everyone had to say each week about the discussion topics. It was nice going to class and not having to worry about knowing enough about the topics or making sure you understand everything in the book, because everyone to could relate to the topics and could explain their opinions on each issue. It made class fun and interesting to be able to share stories and hear what other girls have gone through in their lives. I feel like I have a better understanding of girlhood after reading the texts and doing the class projects. Even though we all went through it already, seeing the websites and magazines that girls have for them today seem like great learning material for girls these days. It would have been nice if some of those were around a few years ago when I was growing up, or if I had someone to tell me about the stuff that was out there for young girls. This class has really helped me to see ways to empower girls and to learn how to minimize threats that girls face in their everyday lives. I am so glad I decided to take this class, it was such a good experience and I feel like I learned so much more than could be taught in a book alone.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Film Review

Maiden, Mother and Crone by Vianny Nunez

The G[r]ay Area Between Female Friendship & Sexuality