Stereotypes, Black Women and Success


http://www.thegrio.com/money/do-negative-stereotypes-actually-help-black-women-in-business.php?page=2

This is an interesting article that I found about stereotypes and Black women. It states that the negative stereotypes against black women, may be empowering many Black women to become more successful in order to dispel the stereotypes. Being a Black woman, I hate when people automatically assume that I am going to have an attitude, be loud or overly aggressive, especially when I am a laid-back person. I am assertive in situations where I need to be and I do strive to do my best in everything that I do, including my career. I am glad to see that a lot of young Black women around my age are being more assertive in reaching their goals.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Film Review

Maiden, Mother and Crone by Vianny Nunez

The G[r]ay Area Between Female Friendship & Sexuality