Interesting Photoshop--Anti-women

I know this happened almost a month ago, but I was talking about this article the other day with my mother and she hadn't heard about it. It's about a photo taken when the raid and execution of Osama Bin Laden was going on. So I thought I would share. It's interesting that a religious newspaper decided to edit out the two women in this photo because (as I read in a full statement from a spokesperson for the newspaper) photos of women could be seen as provocative. What? A photo of a woman standing in a boardroom has sexual connotations? Why? This shocked and confused me when I first read it and I thought some of you might like to weigh in and read. Very interesting!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Film Review

Maiden, Mother and Crone by Vianny Nunez

The G[r]ay Area Between Female Friendship & Sexuality