When the heck did wearing a SIZE 0 make someone "full-figured"?

This story was on the front page of yahoo.com today. How unbelievable and wrong! Geez, if a size 0 is big, what does that make me? I can't even imagine what little girls reading this article will think. How very sad....


When Eva Longoria Parker put on a few pounds over the summer for her role as Gabrielle on "Desperate Housewives," everyone jumped to the conclusion that the actress was pregnant. In the November issue of Allure, Eva sets the record straight about her recent weight gain, as well as the rumors surrounding her marriage to NBA star Tony Parker. [ See Pics From Eva's Allure Photo Shoot ]

On her fuller figure:"I stopped working out and gained about seven pounds over the summer, which is a lot for a small person. Every magazine is tearing me apart ... I never went up a size. I just got rounder. I'm still a size 0. On relationship rumors:"I don't let those magazines and articles define who I am. I know I'm not pregnant. I know Tony and I aren't breaking up. I know we're not cheating."

http://omg.yahoo.com/news/eva-longoria-parker-i-just-got-rounder/14107?nc

Comments

sarahbeth said…
That is horrifying. "fuller figure" than what? Compared to who? Is it a healthy comparison? The magazine easily could have presented the same question and quote differently, so as not to portray her size-zero figure as "full-figured", but rather simply healthy for her and the media comments as ridiculous and offensive.
Ali said…
jeez, i've never been a size 0.

Popular posts from this blog

Film Review

Maiden, Mother and Crone by Vianny Nunez

The G[r]ay Area Between Female Friendship & Sexuality