Hey!

Hey new classmates! My name is Haley, I'm 22, and in my LAST semester ever at UCF! I'm getting my degree in interpersonal/organizational communication. While looking for the last few requirements of needing upper level classes, I saw the description of this class and immediately signed up. I first started getting interested in this topic in the Gender Studies class, which is why I was excited when I saw this class. I'm actually from Chicago, and moved here just for school. I'm always interning/volunteering at places relevant to my career. That's about all I can think of for now!

Concering the "Your Life as a Girl" story, I was surprised at how into the story I was, wanting to see the next stage of Anna's thoughts and experiences. I think that it doesn't necessarily represent girlhood for everybody- I think that depends on environment and each girl herself. However, I think it was a great generalization of what many girls might experience in their own "girlhoods." I liked that one of the topics emphasized was that different thoughts and topics take on different priority in a girl's mind as she gets older.

Concering the "Red" readings, these stories ere so easy to read as well! I love reading stories like these, kind of reminds me of the Chicken Soup books- real people, real experiences. I like that these stories had to do with looking back on memories from childhood ("Lately") and the thoughts and feelings of girls explaining "girlhood," such as in "Alone."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Film Review

Maiden, Mother and Crone by Vianny Nunez

The G[r]ay Area Between Female Friendship & Sexuality