Toys R Us

I know that this pertains to the Week One discussion more than Week Two, but I just have to share. I was at Toys R Us the other day to get my cousin’s baby something, and I overheard a mother talking to her daughter. She was telling her that she could pick out one toy, so the daughter picked out a set with a bunch of Spongebob character figurines in it. Her mom said “are you sure you want that? You don’t want more dress-up clothes or a new Barbie?”. It was upsetting for me to hear this, because my mom has done that to me my whole life, with clothes and everything, but I was so thrilled when the little girl said “no mom, this is what I want”. I always gave in to my mom’s suggestions to make her happy, so it was oddly liberating for me to watch this little girl stand up for her decisions.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Film Review

Maiden, Mother and Crone by Vianny Nunez

The G[r]ay Area Between Female Friendship & Sexuality