Sunday, May 29, 2011

BAD GIRLS CLUB

Have you guys ever sat down to watch "Bad Girls Club" on the Oxygen network? Shows like this rub me the wrong way. I don't think that there is anything empowering for girls in watching shows like this. The girls who are on this show are supposed to represent independence and strength; however, a majority of the time the girls just represent drinking, fighting, and sex. I actually feel that shows like this are teaching young girls to be dependent on parties and men and that it is acceptable to hate and fight with one another.


**If you haven't seen the show feel free to click on my title. The link will take you straight to the page**

2 comments:

Savannah Tyre said...

They had a marathon of that show on when I had an appendectomy and was on bed rest. I spent like 5 hours watching that show to try and find some kind of "moral to the story" or something, to no avail. That is one of the most horrible representations of women out there right now. Its utterly offensive. I tried watching it again the other day and it made me literally sick to my stomach.

Oriana said...

I agree with you. I can ind any somewhat positive message in this show. I think that it leaves an awful impression on younger girls. I have seen many girls idolize this show.