HUGE

I've been watching the new series called HUGE on ABC family for the past couple of weeks. It just started two weeks ago and it stars Nicky Blonski (the girl who played in Hairspray). It's about this girl, Willamina (Will for short), who has been sent to fat camp to put it bluntly. There are people at the camp from every shape and size. Their daily tasks consist of exercising, eating healthy, and talking in groups with each other about their struggles with being overweight. I'm overweight myself so I really like the show and can relate to quite a few things that have gone on so far. On last weeks episode a new girl came to camp and her parents and little sister came with her and stayed a few nights even though camp leader was against it. At one point the girls little sister stood in front of the mirror observing herself. She held her shirt up and would suck in her little gut. There was absolutely nothing wrong with her weight. It just killed me to see this young girl about 10-11 years old doing that. To me that should be the last thing on her mind. Just thought I would share....it's a good show. It comes on Monday nights at 9 if anyone wants to watch it.

-Lindsey

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Film Review

Maiden, Mother and Crone by Vianny Nunez

The G[r]ay Area Between Female Friendship & Sexuality