Your Body Is NOT Ruined!


As a mother of three, and having been pregnant with many friends, this was all I heard for a long time: during first pregnancies, after, and then again during the next.  Then I began working for Weight Watchers as a leader and I heard it again: what do we do with these, how do we get rid of them?  My response is: Wear them proudly!

Now, with a minor in Women's Studies, I am reading as much as I can.  It's amazing how many true stories are out there about this very issue.  I recently read "Distorted," by Taryn Leigh Benson, which deals with a teen struggle over body image and a mom's desperate attempt to help.  This is a true story, worth reading.

Advertisers and photographers depict a perfect body as one that is not realistic to today's society with fast food rising, modern conveniences replacing traditional work and activities, and the typical on-the-go mentality.  Feeling good about oneself means from the inside out.  This includes stripes, especially if they are earned from regaining control of ones body whether it be from pregnancy or weight loss.  Why can't people see that?  Those stripes are earned.

Stacey Feldman

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Film Review

Maiden, Mother and Crone by Vianny Nunez

The G[r]ay Area Between Female Friendship & Sexuality