Honey Boo Boo Dilemna

Honey Boo Boo Dilemna

http://blogs.babble.com/famecrawler/2012/09/19/10-reasons-honey-boo-boos-mama-june-is-yes-a-good-mom-photos/

So my first time watching this show was an experience. I couldn't quite decide what I thought about the show. The little girl is the main character known as Honey Boo Boo. She is basically a plus-sized child pageant participant. Her family is definitely not the cream of the crop in her town yet she looks just as gorgeous as the other participants in the pageant. I am not aware of how the show came about, but from conversations I have had with individuals, most feel it to be an embarrassment to the human species and white race. Admittedly, I was embarrassed for them as I saw the show and could only why would they expose their borderline "hill-billy" lifestyle to the world only to be criticized. And then I thought about the Kardashians. Don't they do the same thing? Isn't the only difference the social and economic status of the lives? And come to think of it, which would be less demoralizing? I vote Honey Boo Boo. Yet this society is so wrap up in appearances and fame and money, that we let the judgments society has passed down as to what is better than the next decide what we like to watch. So how does this affect our girls? Are we teaching them to value certain aspects of values that may be equally embarrassing  but one more accepted. I think we are. Maybe this is why more girls would rather be known for their bodies than their minds as they idolize the people we "value" and idolize ourselves.                                          

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Film Review

Maiden, Mother and Crone by Vianny Nunez

Preconceived Pink Box